Families visiting Oahu now have till the end of 2011 to get a great view of the island while getting a great deal with AlohaBus. The fleet of bright red, double-decker, hop-on hop-off sightseeing buses is extending its “Kids Go Free” special that was originally released for a limited time over the Summer.
Extended through December 31, 2011, children (ages 3 to 11 years) can ride free when accompanied by adults, one free child per paid adult (a $14 value). Adult tickets are available at a special discounted rate, now only $29 for a 24-hour All Loops Tour pass. Tickets can be purchased:
• Online at www.alohabus.com
• By telephone at 808-833-3000 or toll-free at 1-800-622-3011
• At partner agencies and hotels.
Launched in April 2011, the AlohaBus offer three tours:
• City Route – This daytime route will take passengers through Waikiki towards downtown Honolulu with stops at Ala Moana Center, Ward Warehouse, Academy of Arts, Iolani Palace, the King Kamehameha Statue, Chinatown, Aloha Tower and Hilo Hattie.
• Pearl Harbor Express – From Hilo Hattie’s, passengers can transfer to a regular Polynesian Adventure Tour bus for a roundtrip to the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, Aloha Stadium (when the Swap Meet and Marketplace is open) and Bishop Museum.
• Night Loop – From 5:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., this evening route will take passengers through popular shopping and dining areas with Ward Center being the turnaround point.
The AlohaBus also features translated individual tour narrations in English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Spanish. Description of points of interest is GPS activated as the bus passes cultural and historical sites as well as shops and restaurants.