Let’s take a peek at today’s news and deals roundup.
* Kauai’s newly renovated Grand Hyatt Resort & Spa is on sale for $249 per night for stays through June 15, 2011. You must book by April 19.
* This Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas deal caught my eye — $149 per night. This sale is valid for stays through June 20, 2011.
* Mark your calendar or set your DVR to watch the Travel Channel’s Bert the Conqueror visit Oahu. This Hawaii episode is set to air Sunday, April 17, 2011. Check your local listings.
* Polynesian Adventure Tours has added double-decker buses to hop on and off to see the sights of Honolulu. These “Aloha buses” will follow a “Historic Route” during the day taking passengers through Waikiki towards downtown Honolulu with stops at Ala Moana Center, Ward Warehouse, Academy of Arts, Iolani Palace, the King Kamehameha Statue, Chinatown, Aloha Tower and Hilo Hattie. From Hilo Hattie’s, passengers can transfer to a regular Polynesian Adventure Tour bus for a roundtrip to the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center, Aloha Stadium (when the Swap Meet and Marketplace is open) and Bishop Museum. A “Night Loop” schedule goes into effect at 5:30 p.m. that takes passengers through popular shopping and dining areas with Aloha Tower being the turnaround point. Tickets are priced at $39.99 for one day usage; $49.99 for two days; and $59.99 for a three-day pass. They can be purchased onboard or online at www.polyad.com.
* And, last but not least, the April edition of the carnival of Aloha is available.