We interrupt the Kauai impressions vacation series for a little bit ‘o news and deals to help us Hawaii addicts survive until our next visit. 😉
* Want to stay in Waikiki for super cheap? If you’d like a basic room without any glitz and glam, you can stay at Aqua’s Continental Surf Hotel for $49 per night with this deal from now through August.
* Wailea is quite a swank area with a Four Seasons, a Fairmont, and the Grand Wailea, but you don’t have to spend a bundle this summer to stay in the area. With the Aloha Nights deal at Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, packages start at $249 plus you get a $50 resort credit. The Aloha Nights offer is valid through December 24, 2010. Reservations can be made at www.waileamarriott.com or by calling 1-800-721-6996 in the US and using the promotional code PRO.
* TravelMuse announced a Waikiki vacation giveaway that includes a five-night stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, roundtrip airfare and several great activities. For details on entering click here.
* Aston Hotels is hosting a “Endless Sunset” contest on flickr.com. You can win a three-night stay at the newly renovated Aston Waikiki Sunset. See more about the contest here. Note that airfare is not included.
* A favorite local place to dine on Maui is Da Kitchen. It’s known for large portions, good value, and local flavor. The company has expanded from Maui to Oahu as it just opened a Da Kitchen on 925 Isenberg Street in Honolulu per Pacific Business News.
* The Big Island’s Volcano House won’t be reopening anytime soon. The hotel closed in December for renovations and will likely stay closed for another year per Pacific Business News.