Here’s the recent Hawaii news that’s caught my eye.
* Hawaiian Airlines has just announced a fare sale of $330 round-trip for all their mainland routes. The low fares are valid for travel between August 9 – December 9, 2010 with a blackout date of November 19 – 29. To take advantage of these fares, you must book by June 11, 2010.
* You can register to win a 6-night stay including rental car and breakfast for two at Maui’s Kaanapali Beach Hotel. Click here to enter.
* Have a great idea for a travel commercial? You can win $50,000 in travel from CheapTickets. That would buy you a bunch of trips to Hawaii. See this link for contest and entry details.
* Here’s a cool Hawaiian word pronunciation guide that my friend Chris from Oahu sent to me. Just click on the arrow next to the word to hear how it’s said by locals.
* Now that ABC’s LOST has concluded, my eyes are going to be glued on CBS’s Hawaii Five-O. Here’s a preview of the new show that will air this fall. (E-mail subscribers, click here to access the video.)
* Okay, time for a confession. Andy and I have been away for a few weeks visiting a couple of Polynesian islands, and they were not Hawaiian Islands. Shhh! Please don’t tell Hawaii we cheated on them. We were visiting New Zealand. Andy had to go there for business and we added on some time to explore the North and South Islands. We enjoyed learning about Hawaii’s Polynesian cousins, the Maori. We noticed lots of similarities in language and history. So, see, we weren’t entirely cheating on Hawaii. We were just there to compare the Polynesian cultures. 😉