Here’s the top news on today’s vacation radar.
* You can snag an ocean view room for $129 per night at the 4-star Hapuna Prince Hotel on the Kohala Coast of the Big Island. For only $20 more, you can book a full ocean view. It would be difficult to beat this location for this price! This rate is available for stays through December 25, 2009 but you must book by October 4, 2009. See all the details and exclusions here.
* The Hapuna Prince Hotel’s sister property on the Kohala Coast, the swank Mauna Kea Resort, has a special offer, too. Their “Legacy Bonus Package” includes the 4th night free plus a $500 resort credit.
* I’ve mentioned this Maui Ritz-Carlton deal a few months ago. I still think it’s one of the best luxury values available on Hawaii . The deal is $299 per night with a upgrade to the best available room at check-in. On top of that, you’ll receive daily breakfast for two and a $100 resort credit per stay.
* Fans of ABC’s LOST will want to make plans to attend the Hawaii International Film Festival this month. Specifically, on October 17, 2009, the festival will celebrate this hit TV show that’s filmed on Oahu. (Also see my post on finding LOST filming locations on Oahu.)
* A new Deluxe Volcano One Day Tour from Maui-based premium air service operator Interisland Airways starts today. The special charter departing from Kahului Airport (Maui) begins with a narrated flight tour of the Hamakua Coast of Hawaii’s Big Island featuring panoramic views of the cascading waterfalls and lush green valleys on the Island’s west side. Upon arrival in Hilo (Hawaii’s Big Island), passengers will be escorted to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park on a mini-bus to view its major attractions. For more information, visit IFlyInterisland.com.