* Today, a ceremony will be held on the Battleship Missouri Memorial to commemorate the 64th anniversary of the signing of Japan’s formal surrender aboard the USS Missouri. (See this link for event information.) By the way, there’s a new update on when the Mighty Mo will go into dry dock for repairs. The new plan is that the ship will go into dry dock in mid-October. For approximately three months, the ship will not be available for tours. KGMB has a segment explaining more about the repairs.
* The annual Aloha Festivals kick off this month. This year, Oahu hosts all the ceremonies. For a list of the events, see this link.
* Several Oahu hotels and the Oahu Visitors Bureau are offering Travel Pink, Travel Oahu deals that are good for your pocketbook plus they support the worth cause of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure. You can see all the travel pink special offers here.
* If you have plans to stay at the Maui Prince Resort, you might want to be making some serious backup plans. The future of the resort is on shaky ground at the moment. with a pending foreclosure and uncertainty with the property management. Read all about it here.
* I keep hearing great reviews of the new evening show, Ha: Breath of Life, at the Polynesian Cultural Center. Here’s a video preview of the show.