Ah, here we are again on another Aloha Friday. I hope yours is a happy one!
* One of the best values on Waikiki Beach, Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel rates have been reduced to $109 for stays through December 23, 2009. In addition to the great rate for a hotel that overlooks Waikiki Beach, guests also receive free breakfast and loads of valuable coupons to stretch your vacation budget. See this link for more details on this special rate.
* When I wrote my review of Kauai Marriott Resort, earlier this year. I mentioned that I was hearing whispers that the resort might be undergoing a renovation. Well, the Pacific Business News reports that the resort will undergo a $50 million renovation. Room upgrades will include “new colors, upgrades such as flat-screen TVs and modern bathroom fixtures and vanity.” Note that the resort will remain open during the renovations.
* Diamond Wailea Resort & Spa, sports a new name and logo. This boutique resort perched on the slopes of Haleakala is now called Hotel Wailea Maui. The rebranded resort will also be spruced up with refurbishments. “Upgrades for the suites include complete bath and lighting re-dos with added amenities. Two 32-inch flat screen televisions for the living room and bedroom, new sofa, original artwork, cordless telephone and i-Home clocks will be featured in the ultra-spacious 900 sq. ft. accommodations. New bed, luxurious new sheets with duvet, bed throw and plush bath towels will also be added.”
* Brides.com is giving away a free six-night honeymoon at the Waikoloa beach Marriott Resort and Spa. See this link for sweepstakes entry.
* Samantha Brown will visit Maui with the environment in mind on her Travel Channel show. The Maui eco-tour show airs tomorrow (June 20th) at 10pm E/P on the Travel Channel.