Happy Lei Day and Aloha Friday! If you aren’t familiar with Lei Day then check out my friend NEENZ’s post on the origins Lei Day. Now let’s peek into the news for Hawaii vacationers.
* I’m finding more great airfares to Hawaii than you can shake a stick at, as we say here in the South. For example, you can fly roundtrip from Los Angeles to Honolulu on American and Continental for $213 plus taxes and fees between now and June 7, 2009. (Note Saturday travel is restricted on American only.) Use a airfare search engine to help you find the lowest fares from your desired home airport. One new (to me) airfare search engine that I’ve been test driving and really liking is CheapAir, I particularly like the clean interface and very obvious way to search for the lowest fares with flexible dates. Give it a whirl and let me know what you think of it.
* Maui Sheraton on Kaanapali Beach has a May special offer of $253 per night with daily breakfast and a double upgrade on a three-night minimum stay. You must book by May 13. See this link for more details. Note that there is an additional $25 per day resort fee required.
* If you are thinking of taking the family on a summer vacation to Hawaii, you might want to check out Pleasant Holidays’ packages. They’ve got some money saving offerings for kids including kids fly for $199 roundtrip and eat free on five-night minimum stays.
* I was interviewed by Kris at Honolulu on the Cheap for my top budget-friendly picks in Honolulu. So, if you’re headed to Oahu for a vacation, check out my suggestions.
* If you are headed to Molokai this May, do you have a rental car? Jeanne Cooper at San Francisco Chronicle reports a gap in the rental car supply in May.
* The renovated Princeville Resort on Kauai’s North Shore is now projecting to open for guests starting September 19, 2009 per the hotel’s website. The re-branded St. Regis Princeville was originally due to reopen this April. Let’s hope the renovations will be worth the wait.