Aloha! I’m back home now from my trip to Oahu. I miss Hawaii already, but it’s great to be back home. Here’s some of the news that popped up on my radar..
- Hawaii is definitely a romantic destination and TripAdvisor members agree. The Mauna Lani Bay Hotels & Bungalows on the Kohala Coast of the Big Island has been named the Best Hotel for Romance in the U.S. in TripAdvisor’s 2009 Travelers’ Choice Awards. Three other Hawaii hotels made the list including another Kohala Coast resort the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel in 2nd place, the Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea in 3rd, and the Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa in 5th place.
- Speaking of romance, it seems that in this troubled economy, romance still triumphs over the recession. The Embassy Suites-Waikiki Beach Walk is at nearing 100% occupancy for Valentine’s Day. If you can make last minute plans and snag a room there, you and your sweetie can renew your vows in a special Valentine’s Day vow renewal at the Embassy Suites. They’re offering a “Suite Romance” package for couples, featuring an upscale partial ocean view suite, a relaxing couples lomi lomi (Hawaiian massage) massage, and a special gift that includes a pineapple sweet and sour sugar scrub and a bottle of Hawaii-made massage oil. Also part of the package, couples can enjoy one of Embassy Suite’s complimentary signature desserts at Roy’s Waikiki or Ruth’s Chris Steak House at Waikiki Beach Walk. The “Suite Romance” package starts at $299 per night. To reserve this package, ask for the Suite Romance package, enter promotional code: LUV at www.EmbassySuitesWaikiki.com or over the phone at 1-800-EMBASSY.
- This Maui beachfront condo deal made my eyes pop. From March through June, you get a studio room at the Aston Kaanapali Shores condo resort that sleeps up to three and has a full kitchen for $129 per night. On top of the good rate, you’ll also receive complimentary scuba lessons and a coupon book. Ask for rate plan 5050 at the Aston Kaanapali Shores. You must book by February 13th.
- The Sheraton Keahou Resort in Kona has an offer of $119 per night through June. Use promotion code SPRINGT9 and book by February 22nd. See more details here.
- Koa Kea, the new Kauai boutique hotel in Poipu, has announced that the resort will open April 14, 2009. They have some special offers listed.
- The swank Kahala Resort on Oahu has a special offer called the “Kahala Legendary Days Promotion – Free Breakfast & Fifth Night Free.” You can find more information about this offer and others here.
- Evelyn from Homespun Honolulu has published the February blog carnival of Aloha.
- Alaska Airlines announced that they’re adding a new route from Portland to Maui in August.