Happy Aloha Friday!
* If you’re a foodie and you love Hawaii, there’s a couple of upcoming TV programs you’ll love.
- Public Television’s Gourmet’s Dairy of a Foodie will kick off season three by featuring the cuisine of Hawaii’s Big Island. You can watch a preview of the show and see recipes in this link. You’ll have to check your local Public Television’s guide for air dates and times.
- The audacious host, Anthony Bourdain, of the Travel Channel’s No Reservations will feature one of Hawaii’s top chef’s, Alan Wong. The name of the episode with Chef Wong is called “Food Porn”. (Oh, my!) This episode will air on Monday, February 9.
* Mobile Travel Guide has awarded several Hawaii resorts, spas, and restaurants some with four and five star ratings. You can see who won in this article.
* Attention Parrot Heads: On February 2nd, a new restaurant, Jimmy Buffett’s at the Beachcomber, opens at the Ohana Beachcomber in Waikiki Beach. I may have to pop in and check it out while I’m there.