Hawaii Vacation Deals and News Roundup for August 5th
Hawaii golf, deals, ferries, and lava pictures round out today’s newsy tidbits.
- Ten Big Island golf courses, ranging from familiar high-end resort layouts to attractive but lesser known upcountry tracks, have joined ranks to promote the inaugural B.I.G. Season – Big Island Golf Season – which offers golfers 75 days of preferred rate golf and more, starting September 9 and running through November 15, 2008.
- Hawaii hotel and occupancy rates have continued to decline as reported here on KGMB. The great news for you, is that you can really take advantage of this more economic time to visit Hawaii! Your vacation dollar will stretch further.
- Kauai Visitor’s Bureau has a listing of Autumn accommodation specials.
- Maybe you’d like to volunteer a bit of your Oahu vacation time for a good cause. The Wyland Waikiki Blog has written some suggestions.
- Has the uncool become cool now? The once battered Hawaii Superferry is gaining popularity and ridership continues to increase. I’m starting to read more and more positive reviews on the ferry. If you are thinking of giving the ferry a try, make sure you’re prepared to prevent motion sickness. You may not be bothered, but it’s best to be prepared.
- Bryan Lowry is a very talented Big Island photographer. He’s shot some amazing photos of volcano activity. I encourage you to check his Web site at Lavapix.com. To see his lava photos, enter the site, then select the “Gallery” pull down menu. Next select “2008 volcano activity” to see several different categories by area and date.