Happy Aloha Friday and Memorial Day weekend! Here are some interesting newsy bits and enticing Hawaii deals for you.
- Dr Beach announced his 2008 list of the ten best US beaches. Hanalei Beach on the North Shore of Kauai made the list at number 2. Hamoa Beach on Maui near Hana is this year’s seventh best US beach.
- BookIt.com named ResortQuest’s Waikiki Beach Hotel in their top ten list of Memorial Day weekend getaway deals.
- Starwoods hotels have some fantastic Hawaii hotel deals. They’re offering 35% off, fifth night free and a $100 dining credit. . The offer is only available for Starwoods Preferred Guests, if you’re not already a member, don’t worry, sign up is quick and free. The offer is valid for stays through December 25th, but you must book before June 30th.
- Four Seasons Resorts are offering a couple of freebies that vary by Hawaii location. They’re offering a free night’s stay on Lanai, and free breakfast for two on the Big Island and Maui.
- American Airlines announced that it will be charging a fee of $15 for the first checked bag. Elite status passengers are exempt from the fee. Other airlines are considering adding this fee, but Delta said they wouldn’t. Remember that you’ll save yourself money and time by packing light.