Happy Aloha Friday! Today’s vacation news brings us lots of interesting nuggets from deals to romance to the arts.
- United Vacations has a Big Island offer that includes a free convertible upgrade and savings up to $200 off your vacation package. Check out the details here.
- The most recent (November 2007) Hawaii room rate averages are out. Once again, Maui’s rates top the list at $234 per night. Kauai’s average nightly rate is $194. The Big Island was next at $187, followed by Oahu with a rate of $162. The statewide average rate was $186 per night. (Source)
- You can take part in the Hawaiian Island Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary 2008 Ocean Count. Now, that’s a volunteer task that you wouldn’t have to twist my arm to do. Volunteers will count whales and record their behaviors from over 65 shore sites from Oahu, Kauai, the Big Island, and of course Maui. For more details on how to volunteer, see this KGMB link.
- TravelGolf.com does a nice job describing a vacation at the Lanai Four Seasons Lodge at Koele. The article’s title tells it all, “The Lodge at Koele: A vacation from the typical Hawaii that’s not just hype” It is the most unique resort environment that I’ve seen in Hawaii. The resort is beautiful, but I personally prefer to be at a Hawaii resort that has ocean views and this resort doesn’t.
- Coastal Living has listed their top 10 romantic retreats and the Mauna Lani resort on the Kohala Coast of the Big Island made the list. (Been there, done that and loved that!)
- Maui and the Big Island’s Kailua-Kona coast are the number one and three winter domestic beach destinations per an Orbitz.com study. I bet this doesn’t surprise any of us well informed Hawaii nuts. 🙂
- If you’re going to be on Oahu through February 10th, then you may want to check out this show about Pele the Goddess of Fire at the Kumu Kahua Theatre.