Happy Aloha Friday! Here are today’s news tidbits.
- Per the Star Bulletin, Aloha Airlines will be adding a second flight between Honolulu and Orange County for the holiday season only.
- The San Francisco Chronicle has an article about island luxury hotels changing decor from elegant (but stuffy) European style to more of a “hushed elegance”. Luxury hotels are trying to reflect the the laid back environment of destinations like Maui and Kauai.
- The Maui airport (OGG) is getting a $30 million upgrade.
- I was disappointed to see that plans to revive Kauai’s historic Coco Palms Resort have been shelved.
- We welcome aboard new advertiser Aloha Pearls who offer a wide selection of Hawaiian Jewelry. They currently have a contest to guess the number of pearls in a jar and the person with the best guess wins the entire jar of pearls.
- If all goes well, I’ll be announcing a new contest next week. In the meantime, I’d like to give a shout out to two blogs that were really instrumental in inspiring the first contest, Matt at Blog About Your Blog and Phil at Contest Blogger. Thanks, guys!