I got quite a bit of nice newsy notes to share with you today, but lets start with a cheerful shaka. Did you see the President Obama flash a shaka to the Punahou School Band in the inaugural parade? My friend Melissa Chang has a nice photo of this presidential shaka on her blog.
- The newly renovated Outrigger Reef on the Beach in Waikiki has a special offer of $159 per night for stays between February 1 and June 7, 2009. You must book by February 1 and use promotion code TZ. See this link for more details. (By the way, I’ll be staying here myself in a couple of weeks.)
- Sheraton-Maui offers third night free, free breakfast buffet for two and a double category room upgrade with their Sunsational Savings Package. You must stay a minimum of 3, 4, 5, 6 nights. This deal is available through December 21, 2009. Reserve online or call 866-716-8140 and ask for rate code SUN3NU.
- Pro-Bowl festivities have been announced.
- Kudos to Waikiki Beach Marriott for winning the EPA Energy Star seal of approval in recognition for their green practices.
- Go Visit Hawaii has a new look. Check it out and please let me know what you think.