I received my nifty Conde Nast Traveler magazine over the weekend. One of the features in this June 2011 issue lists Hawaii’s top spas as selected by readers. From the article, here’s the list:
1. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Big Island: 95.4
1. Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, Maui: 95.4
1. Hotel Hana Maui: 95.4
4. Grand Wailea, Maui: 95.2 *
4. Halekulani, Waikiki, Oahu: 95.2
6. Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa, Kauai: 93.5 * (See my review of Anara Spa.)
6. Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort & Spa, Oahu: 93.5
8. Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Maui: 92.4
9. Kahala Hotel & Resort, Oahu: 92.2
10. Four Seasons Resort Lana’i at Manele Bay: 90.8 *(See my review of the spa at Manele.)
11. Turtle Bay Resort, Oahu: 90.5 * (See my review of the spa at Turtle Bay.)
12. Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, Maui: 89.2
13. Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel, Big Island: 88.9
14. Fairmont Orchid, Big Island: 87.4
14. JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa, Oahu: 87.4 *
16. Mauna Lani Bay Hotel & Bungalows, Big Island: 86.6 *
17. Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Big Island: 86.3
18. Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa, Maui: 85.8
19. Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui: 85.5
20. Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Big Island: 84.6
The numbering sequence may appear in error at first glance, but notice that there are several ties, particularly for the top position.
Hawaii does have some outstanding spas. In fact, I do think that indulging in some spa pampering is worth the splurge in Hawaii. (See my article on what’s worth the splurge on a Hawaii vacation.)
I try to check out a spa almost every time I visit Hawaii. So far, I’ve been to six of these top 20 Hawaii spas. I’ve placed a star (*) by each spa that I’ve tried. I must endeavor to get to all 20 of them. Oh the hardship I must endure to provide you with the most accurate information. I’m going to Maui in August, so I think I’ll aim to check out the spa at Hotel Hana that’s currently ranked number 1 in Hawaii. I may also check out the spa at Ritz-Carlton Kapalua, that’s number 12 on the list.
From looking at the list, in my opinion, I think that the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel spa should be ranked much higher. Conversely, I think that the spa at Turtle Bay Resort is perhaps rated higher than it should be on this list.
If you are thinking of indulging in a spa treatment in Hawaii, you’ll appreciate these 7 Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Hawaii Spa Treatment.
Have you been to a spa in Hawaii? Which spa did you choose? How would you rate your experience.