Hawaii Vacation Deals & News: March 30, 2011
Here are the Hawaii vacation news and deals that are making a splash today.
* Aston Hotels is offering a million HawaiianMiles (Hawaiian Airlines frequent flier miles) in their Million Miles Sweepstakes. In addition to all those frequent flier miles, three first place prizes will be awarded for a complimentary five-night stay at one of Aston’s Waikiki Resorts.
* Chevrolet has teamed up with Hawaii 5-0 for a Hawaii: Undiscovered Sweepstakes. The top prize is a trip for two to Hawaii.
* Hawaii’s Starwoods Hotels & Resorts are on sale in April and May. They’re taking up to 30% off already reduced rates. I especially like the rates at a couple Waikiki luxury properties — Moana Surfrider and the Royal Hawaiian for $280 per night.
* The Polynesian Cultural Center has added some new hands-on activities like coconut tree climbing and canoe paddling. See this link descriptions and schedules.
* Wondering what the average rates are for a Hawaii hotel room? According to the Smith Travel Research and Hospitality Advisors (source), the most recent average hotel room rate was $195 statewide. Here’s how the average room rates compare by island:
- Maui – $270
- Kauai – $204
- Big Island – $178
- Oahu $160
* As you’ve probably noticed, gas prices in the US have been raising rapidly in recent weeks. Folks in Hawaii are paying even more at $4.18 per gallon on average. Ouch! So when you go to fill up your Hawaii rental car, try not to panic when you see the price. Also, you might want to consider booking an economy car that goes easy on gas.
Gas is almost that much in Baker, MT too…Not quite! Diesel is though!
$4.19 per gallon is cheap! For those of us up here in Canada, prices are much higher. Right now in my town gas is $1.29 per liter, which is equivalent to $4.88/gallon!
Right now the Canadian Dollar is worth 1.03 US, so if you factor that in, our gas is $5.02/US per Liter. Now that hurts!
1 Gallon = 3.79 Liters
1 Canadian Dollar = 1.03 US Dollars