There’s a real mixed bag of news today with some good and bad.
- Another airline with Hawaii ties is biting the dust, unfortunately. ATA Airlines is discontinuing all operations. ATA flew several routes from the US mainland to Hawaii.
- Registration has started for the 27th Annual Kapalua Wine and Food Festival. This prestigious Maui event runs from June 26th through the 29th. I wonder if they are offering press passes? 😉
- Skeet hosted the new chapter of the Carnival of Aloha with a collection of Hawaii articles.
- If you are going to Kona after July 21st, then mark the Hard Rock Cafe off your list of restaurants as it will be closing.
- The Wyland Waikiki has several tempting new special packages. Some packages include free nights stay and upgraded room.
- Hilo is the place to be this week as the 2008 Merrie Monarch Festival is underway. This annual festival is THE event that showcases Hawaiian hula, arts and crafts. I have this festival on my wish list of things I want to do in Hawaii.