North Shore big waves have shown up right on time this week for the start of Vans Triple Crown of Surfing, which is the most prestigious professional surfing event on earth. Competition began this week and will continue through December 20th. If you are like me and can’t be there to see the events in person, here’s a roundup of videos showing some of the monster waves and competition:
Vans Triple Crown of Surfing Web site:
- They currently have a good video on their home page.
- I’m sure they’ll be posting videos here as the competition progresses. At the moment, there’s only a preview video.
- If you time it right, you can watch live streaming video of the competition here.
2008 Reef Hawaiian Pro Preview:
(For e-mail subscribers who can’t see the video embedded in their e-mail, here’s a link.)
- Nice video about what the competition means to the North Shore plus some excellent footage from this week’s competition.
- Here’s a collection of three KGMB videos. Be sure and watch the third one.
I’m not a surfer, but I still love gawking at those big waves and the skill of the surfers. I wish I could be there to gawk right now. *Sigh*