If the nights and days are starting to get cooler where you are, consider these Hawaii rays of sunshine! 🙂
- The most recent (August 2008) Hawaii hotel occupancy and rate data has been reported. The statewide average occupancy was 74.4% while the average nightly rate was $211. Both of these stats are down in comparison to August 2007. Though this news is a bit bleak, the good news is that if you can get to Hawaii, you’ll find exceptional value. In this KHON report, Hawaii vacationers are reporting that they are very happy with the deals they’re getting in Hawaii.
- Jeanne Cooper from the San Francisco Chronicle has written an excellent list of top snorkeling spots along Maui’s shores.
- Kayak recently listed their picks for the top 5 state parks. The Iao Valley State Park on Maui made their list. This beautiful and mysterious valley is not to be missed in my opinion.
- I enjoyed this short read on Maui’s historic town of Lahaina. Be warned that if you read it you may want to be whisked away to Lahaina immediately.
- As most of you know I’ve been writing about Hawaii travel for over 1.5 years. I’ve been blogging completely unsolicited and purely out of my love of Hawaii and sincere desire to help others make the most out of their Hawaii vacation. Someone once described me as an ambassador for Hawaii. I like that description! Well, I have some great news to share with you. The Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau have been following my blog and have appreciated my honest and balanced Hawaii travel advice. As a result, they have contacted me and offered to partially assist me with a trip to Hawaii. I am grateful for the help and promise to gather as much information as I can to share with you. There are no strings attached to this HVCB assistance. I’ve been encouraged to continue writing as I always have and that is to tell it like it is. So, this Saturday, I’m leaving for Oahu and then on to Kauai. As always I’ll be looking for some of the best budget fun along with tips for really making the most of your Hawaii vacation.