Whether you’ve been to Maui on vacation and you miss it or you’re planning your Maui trip, you will find these videos a real treat. I’m super impressed with the wealth of visual information that Blue Hawaiian Helicopter created on their site. The videos are were filmed from a helicopter. Each video is accompanied with lovely music which makes watching them even more enjoyable.
These entertaining and informational videos can be a great help for planning your Maui vacation. The site has an interactive map that you can click on to open up videos from that particular region. The videos also display the names of the beaches, towns, golf courses, hotels and condos. Here’s how you can wisely use these videos as you plan your Maui vacation:
1. Get acquainted with the overall geography and terrain of Maui.
2. Make note of the scenery that catches your eye so that you can plan a visit into your itinerary.
3. If you are on the fence about driving the road to Hana, going to the Iao Needle, or to the top of Haleakala, then take a peek at the videos. You’ll get a small taste of how beautiful the scenery is.
4. Use the videos and photos to help you select your hotel or condo.
- Determine the area of the island where you’d like to stay.
- See the hotels on the video and aerial photos to get an idea of the building layouts and the number and sizes of the pools.
- See the surroundings of a hotel and consider whether it is remote or shoehorned in next to another complex.
5. Get an idea of what a helicopter tour of Maui might be like to determine if you want to schedule a helicopter tour or not. (Don’t forget to review these tips for choosing a helicopter tour.)
Here are a couple of hints and tips for using playing the videos:
- If you hover your mouse over the oval shapes on the interactive map, a box should pop up to tell you the name of that area.
- As you watch the videos, if you miss a name of something of interest, you can adjust the up pointing arrow that indicates your progress through the video.
I hope you enjoy these videos as much as I do!