Aloha and welcome to our Waikiki/Honolulu New Year’s Eve guide. Currently this page shows events from 2021/2022. Many of the same events are repeated every year. So, you can get an idea of what may be happening again for New Year’s Eve 2022/2023.
Restaurants do not typically announce what they will be offering for the coming holiday season until mid-late November at the very earliest. Some don’t announce until December. However, the restaurants do book very quickly. So, you might want to take a look at the dining section of this guide. Click on the restaurant links that we’ve provided. Find a restaurant that you like the look of and fits into your budget (at least the pricing from 2021) and secure a reservation for December 31, 2022.
If you’ve not already done so, sign up for our free newsletter to stay up to date with ongoing Hawaii travel news and advice. We will notify our newsletter subscribers when this page is up to date for New Year’s Eve 2022. Carefully enter your email address at this link to subscribe.
We are anticipating a much more lively New Year’s Eve 2021/2022 as compared to last year. Yay for that! For starters many more Oahu restaurants are open and will be ready to celebrate the special menus. Oahu bars are open and allowed to stay open later that last year’s limitations. And, the best news of all, fireworks will be back at Waikiki this New Year’s Eve!
New Year’s Eve Fireworks on Oahu
We are thrilled to report that fireworks show(s) will be back on Oahu for New Year’s Eve! At least for now, we know that there will be fireworks at Waikiki Beach. We are actively checking our contacts to find out what other events might be happening for 2021/2022.
* Waikiki Beach New Year’s Eve Fireworks – a dazzling show is planned for this year. The fireworks set off from a barge that’s centrally located just off Waikiki Beach. For more information, see this link.
* Other Honolulu fireworks – TBD
* Ko Olina fireworks – TBD
* North Shore fireworks – TBD
New Year’s Eve Parties, Celebrations, Clubs in Waikiki, Honolulu & Beyond
Several Waikiki and Honolulu clubs and bars are planning New Year’s Eve parties! We’re listing these party venues in two different sections based on where the venue is located.
New Year’s Eve nightclub parties in Waikiki or walkable-ish from Waikiki
New Year’s Eve parties in Honolulu
- NextDoor, a cinema lounge and concert hall in Honolulu’s Chinatown, is hosting Vintage Honolulu NYE. This event is a throwback party dedicated to the culture of the 1990s and 2000s. See this link for more information.
- Siam Paradise, a Thai restaurant and late night bar, in Honolulu plans a New Year’s Eve BASH with food, drink, music and champagne toast. See this link for more information.
- Bourbon Street in Honolulu hosts TRAP GALA New Year’s Eve Ball. See this link for more details.
New Year’s Eve parties beyond Honolulu
Waikiki New Year’s Eve Dinner Buffets, Cruises, Shows & Luau
Here are special New Year’s Eve and/or New Year’s Day buffets in Waikiki:
- 100 Sails Restaurant at Prince Waikiki. See this link for their special New Year’s Eve and Day buffet menu. This restaurant has ocean/harbor views.
- Star of Honolulu offers a special, midnight New Year’s Eve Dinner Cruise and Show along with views of the Waikiki fireworks show. See this link for more information.
- New Year’s Eve Luau at Hilton Hawaiian Village – a luau is planned on the Great Lawn of the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Details are TBD.
- Rock-A-Hula dinner show presents a special New Year’s Rockin’ Eve Countdown show with three choices for a four-course dinner, luau buffet dinner or cocktail package. See this link for more information.
Many Waikiki restaurants are offering indulgent dinner specials to celebrate the evening. To help you stay within your holiday budget, we try to list restaurants offering special menus from lowest to highest pricing.
A word of advice, if you see something you like, book it as soon as possible. Reservations will book quickly.
- Tropics Bar & Grill at the Hilton Hawaiian Village will offer some a la carte dinner specials along with their standard menu. This restaurant has ocean views.
- Chart House has three-course holiday menu for $72. This restaurant has harbor/ocean views.
- Shor at Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort had four-course dinner for $99 per person. Scroll below the Christmas menu at this link to see the New Year’s Eve menu. This restaurant has ocean views.
- Tiki’s Grill & Bar at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel has a four-course prix-fixe menu with live music and a festive atmosphere. Pricing starts at $109.21 per person. One of their most interesting packages, New Year’s Eve Premium Fireworks Dinner Package ($170.57,) includes late seating, a table by the railing, fresh flower lei and bottle of champagne.This restaurant has ocean views and would have a view through/over the palm trees of the Waikiki fireworks. (Updated 12/17)
- Stripsteak Waikiki at the International Market Place has three and four-course dinner options with pricing starting at $135.
- Bali Steak & Seafood at Hilton Hawaiian Village – prix fixe menu for $185 per person. This restaurant has ocean views.
- TBD Hawaii – special New Year’s Eve prix fixe menu for $200 per person. This restaurant is located near the foot of Diamond Head. It would be a bit of a walk or a very short cab ride from most Waikiki hotels.
- Hau Tree Lanai at the Kaimana Beach Hotel offers a five-course menu for $200. This restaurant is located near the foot of Diamond Head. It would be a bit of a walk or very short cab ride to this restaurant from most Waikiki hotels. This restaurant is beach front with great ocean views. (Added 12/16)
- Azure Restaurant at the Royal Hawaiian offers a New Year’s Eve dinner for $220 per adult, $55 per child. This restaurant is oceanfront. For booking options, see this link.
The following restaurants usually are open for New Year’s Eve and may have a special menu. We are going to leave them here as a placeholder. We will continue to check for updates and make note of updates with a date added in gray text.
- La Vie, a French restaurant, at the Waikiki Ritz-Carlton Residences will be presenting a specialty five-course New Year’s Eve menu. This restaurant has ocean views.
- Tiki’s Grill & Bar at the Aston Waikiki Beach usually has a special menu along with live music and countdowns from around the world. This restaurant has ocean views.
- Deck. at the Queen Kapiolani Hotel. This restaurant has excellent views of Diamond Head.
- Basalt Waikiki at the Hyatt Centric Waikiki Beach Hotel usually has a special dinner menu. They also usually have special breakfast and lunch menu items to celebrate the day.
- Tommy Bahama Restaurant in Waikiki. This restaurant has a tropical, urban setting.
- Hideout at the Laylow in Waikiki. This restaurant has a tropical, urban setting.
- Roy’s Waikiki at the Waikiki Beach Walk.
- BLT at Trump Waikiki usually presents a special menu for the holiday season.
- Ruth Chris at Waikiki Beach Walk.
- Wolfgang Steakhouse in the Royal Hawaiian Center.
- Merriman’s Honolulu at Ward Village usually has a special three-course prix fixe dinner. This restaurant is located roughly two miles from the heart of Waikiki. It’s about a 40+ minute walk just one way so, taking the bus or hoping in a cab might be a quicker option.
Check for more Waikiki/Honolulu/Oahu restaurant availability at OpenTable.com. Make sure you customize the search criteria for your desired time and number in your party.
As you’re making your Waikiki, Honolulu and Oahu New Year’s Eve plans and reviewing this list of great things to do, please note the following:
- We recommend you make reservations, order tickets, etc. as soon as possible to secure the place and time you like.
- Several Waikiki Beach hotel-based restaurants will be open on New Year’s Eve. Check directly with the concierge of your accommodations for their special meals and events.
- As New Year’s Eve approaches, we may be adding more events, so do check back. We will indicate additions by noting the date added.
- If you are visiting Waikiki at Christmastime, see our Waikiki Christmas Guide.
- Learn how to say Happy New Year in Hawaii: Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!