– Seven Highgate Hawaii hotels will be requiring guests to have COVID-19 vaccinations starting October 15, 2021. Employees must also be vaccinated. There is no testing provision for unvaccinated guests, however, guests who are granted medical or religious exemptions and/or under the age of 12 will be exempt per one of the hotel’s website announcements. The seven hotels are
- Alohilani Resort Waikiki Beach
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Park Shore Waikiki
- Ambassador Waikiki Hotel
- Pearl Waikiki Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Waikiki Beach
- Courtyard by Marriott Waikiki
– Along with the above news item, it’s worth mentioning that two other Oahu hotels have mandated vaccines for their employees. Those hotels are Aulani, Disney Resort and the Kahala Hotel.
– Earlier this week, we shared that Maui County would be implementing restrictions on unvaccinated restaurant and bar patrons. The county received the governor’s approval to implement this initiative is called “Safer Outside.” Proof of vaccination is required to dine or drink indoors. Unvaccinated customers may dine outdoors or order take-out only. Additionally, restaurants, bars, gyms, recreational boating, ground transportation and commercial tours will be limited to 50%.. These rules are set to go in place on September 15, 2021. Please reference this Maui News article for more information.
– Finally, we recognize that these mandates are polarizing. Some may welcome the decisions, while others disagree. Please don’t shoot the messenger as we are have no part in making these decisions one way or the other.