– Many want to know when will Hawaii welcome vaccinated visitors without pre-testing or quarantine. Yesterday, in an informal, online chat with the Star Advertiser, Lt. Gov. Green said he hopes this option could begin May 1, 2021. It’s all speculative at the moment as several other leaders would have to agree if and when a “vaccination passport option” could happen.
– In that same online chat, Green also said he hopes for all inter-island travel restrictions to be lifted on or before April 1, 2021. Again, this would need buy in from the island mayors and other state leaders.
– Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort is finishing their $80 million renovation. This prime beachfront resort is due to reopen late-April 2021.
– Speaking of Outrigger Hotel and Resorts, Costco Travel has some special travel deals for Outrigger properties, including the renovated Outrigger Reef Waikiki Beach Resort.
– A new Wailea, Maui resort is due to open next month. It’s AC Hotel Maui Wailea, which is part of the Marriott brand. This hotel is not oceanfront, but some rooms have distant ocean views.