Hurricane Lane in Hawaii
Normally on Fridays we post a happy Hawaii vacation photo from a reader. In light of the hurricane that’s passing near Hawaii, we felt that posting our usual Aloha Friday Photo would be insensitive to the residents of Hawaii.
Thankfully, the eye of the hurricane did not hit the islands, however the outer bands have brought dangerous winds and rain.
To keep up to date on Hurricane Lane, check the following resources:
- Hurricane Lane summery from Hawaii Tourism Authority – if you have current travel plans to Hawaii, this site has useful information regarding airline waivers as well as sites in Hawaii that are closed.
- National Weather Service forecast for Hawaii
- Local Hawaii news station KHON
- Local Hawaii news station KITV
- Local Hawaii news stations of KHNL and KGMB
Our thoughts and prayers are with the people of Hawaii.