Here’s all the latest for a destination that’s the greatest. 🙂
* Airfare deals to Hawaii are becoming a little more scarce, but if you can fly from the West Coast you’re chances of finding a deal are best. Here’s a roundup airfare deals worth mentioning:
- If you’re going to Hawaii this summer, why not go in style? Hawaiian Airlines is offering a deal on First Class fares starting at $890 (Seattle to Honolulu) roundtrip plus taxes. For this deal, you must book by March 10, 2011 for travel between June 10 and August 21, 2011.
- Alaska Airlines has some very good deals to Oahu and Maui from select cities with fares starting at $318 roundtrip (Bellingham, WA to Honolulu). You must book by March 9, 2011 for this sale.
- From airfarewatchdog, I’ve found some nice deals. One of the best is Oakland to Maui for $388 roundtrip. See more deals to Maui and deals to Honolulu from around the country.
* Speaking of airfares, the search engine Bing.com has recently incorporated fare predictions in it’s general search results. SmarterTravel has a good explanation of this new Bing functionality. Bing offers the closest thing we have to a “crystal ball” for fare prices.
* One of Waikiki’s, swanky new hot spots is The Waikiki EDITION. From TravelZoo, I found this deal of $295 for an oceanview room plus a $50 daily resort credit.
* This Kauai deal for the Kauai Marriott Resort has a great bargain at $199 per night for an oceanview room. This deal is valid for intermittent dates between March 27 and May 31. Between June 1 and 15, the price only goes up to $219 per night. I do like this freshly renovated resort. See my Kauai Marriott Resort review.
* My dear friend Eleanor found this interesting article about efforts to recover furnishings and other treasures for the Iolani Palace in Honolulu. Thanks Eleanor!