* Waikoloa Beach Marriott on Hawaii’s Big Island is offering a super deal of 50% off ocean view rooms. This $169 nightly rate is good for stays between now and December 24th, but you must book by August 21st. This resort has been recently renovated and in my opinion, Waikoloa is a great place to stay on the Big Island.
* There’s another Marriott deal worth mentioning. It’s the Statehood Package celebration Hawaii’s 50 years of statehood. The package includes 4th night free, resort credit, and more. See this link for the promotion code and details on the participating Oahu, Maui, Kauai and Big Island resorts.
* Honolulu Magazine has assembled their restaurant choices for the ideal breakfast, lunch and dinner itineraries for Oahu, Kauai, Maui, and the Big Island.
* Have you checked airfare to Hawaii recently? There’s been a new slew of deals that are good for travel between August and mid-December. Here are some examples I found by searching FareCompare:
- Detroit to Honolulu $534 round-trip
- Atlanta to Honolulu $435 round-trip
- Cincinnati to Honolulu $533 round-trip
- Minneapolis-St Paul to Honolulu $436 round-trip
- Houston to Honolulu $438 round-trip
* Hawaiian Airlines is celebrating it’s 80th anniversary with a fun game to guess the different era of Hawaiian Airlines uniforms. When you play the game, you can become eligible to be one of eight winners of a roundtrip coach tickets for two. Here’s a link to the game.
* Do you tweet on twitter? If so, you may be interested in this National Geographic Traveler article with advice on traveling with twitter. (Notice that the article quotes yours truly.) By the way, I’m on twitter, please let me know if you tweet, too.