Let’s take a peek at the vacation news from the 50th state.
- Honolulu Advertiser reports that Oahu hotels are offering free parking. Overnight parking normally averages around $20 in Waikiki, but many resorts are waiving that fee in order to attract guests. (Also see my post on where to find cheap or free Waikiki parking.)
- There’s a new luau with a Polynesian revue called “Hawai’i Alive” on Kauai at the Marriott. It’s offered on Monday nights only from 5:00pm to 7:30pm. For more information call 808-245-5050. I’ll be updating my Kauai luau comparison post to include this new luau.
- Hawaii Pack and Paddle has a new guided tour that includes a coffee mill tour, kayaking, snorkeling at Kealakekua Bay. See this link for more information.
- KapohoKine Adventures has a new tour for Big Island lava viewing. It’s called the Evening Volcano Explorer. They take care of your transportation to the lava viewing plus a picnic meal. This tour would be excellent particularly for those staying on the Kona side, but would like to get over to view the lava flow at night without having to drive. Tour pricing starts at $99.
- Shane Turpin of Lava Ocean Adventures sent me a video of lava flowing to the ocean on the Big Island. He says it’s been an amazing week at the ocean entry that left him feeling like a first time viewer. This video shows some spectacular lava fountains splashing up at the water.