I’m a big fan of using TripAdvisor.com when selecting a hotel for vacation or business. The reviews are generally unbiased as well as insightful. So, when TripAdvisor comes out with their Travelers Choice Awards, I take notice. KHNL has an article listing all the 2008 winners from Hawaii. Here’s a summary:
- Hawaii’s best luxury hotels are:
- Four Season’s Resort Maui at Wailea
- Four Season’s Resort Lanai, the Lodge at Koele
- Four Season’s Resort Hualalai on the Big Island
- The Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa was recognized as having the Best Pool in the U.S.
- Aloha Pualani Hotel on Maui (a boutique hotel) was honored as the 8th Best Hidden Gem in the U.S.
- Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel on the Big Island was recognized as the Best Hotel for Romance in the U.S.
It’s too bad that there weren’t any Hawaii hotels listed as the best value. :-)