Steve Hendrix has written an article giving advice on family friendly activities to do on Oahu. His ideas are intended to entertain the adults and children, while trying to help you prevent sunburns. I’ll organize his tried and true sun diversions by area below:
- The Science Adventure Center at the Bishop Museum
- Get a lunch at Chinatown
- Take a tour of the USS Bowfin Submarine
- Dole Plantation Gardens in Wahiawa
- Matsumoto’s Shave Ice in Haleiwa (See our review here)
- Watch for Honu (Sea Turtles) at the Lanaikea Beach on the North Shore. Be sure that you don’t approach them as they are a protected species.
- Horseback riding with Happy Trails Stables on the North Shore
A few more ideas that I’d like to add to the list are:
- Spend the whole day at the Polynesian Cultural Center. (See my review of the Polynesian Cultural Center with photos, videos, and money savings ideas)
- Check out the new Pacific Aviation Museum where you can test your skills as a pilot in one of the interactive flight simulators.
- See the Byodo Temple near Kaneohe