You don’t have to break the bank to enjoy a Kauai vacation. Kauai has some of the best free sights and things to do in Hawaii, so make sure you read my article that lists the best Kauai budget activities and sights. By following that list and throwing in some beach or pool time, you’ll definitely catch some of the best scenery and have a great Kauai vacation.
Of course, there is much more to do beyond that list of Kauai budget friendly activities. What else is there? Well, here’s many more ideas for enjoying Kauai:
- Helicopter Tour of the island– Kauai is the best Hawaiian Island, in our opinion, for taking a Helicopter Tour. See my tips for choosing a Helicopter tour in Hawaii along with a review of Blue Hawaiian Helicopters. To get an idea of what you’ll see from a helicopter tour of Kauai, see a virtual Kauai island tour.
- Snorkel, Scuba Diving, Snuba
- Golf at one of the many top notch courses
- Kayak – Kauai is unique in that if offers river kayaking as well as sea kayaking. One of our favorite kayaking excursions it the relatively easy paddling up the Wailua River to see Secret/Sacred Falls. For the experienced kayaker the Na Pali Coastline (in season) may be one of the greatest sea kayaking adventures on earth.
- Tubing – Kauai is the only island in Hawaii with mountain tubing.
- Pamper at a Spa
- Sample Hawaiian food and see a Polynesian dance show at a Kauai Luau
- Take a Boat Tour – the Fern Grotto and the Na Pali Coast are popular boat tours. See my review of Na Pali Coast Sunset Sail with Blue Dolphin Charters
- See one of the many reasons Kauai is called the Garden Isle by touring one of the botanical gardens.
- Take an ATV tour into Kauai’s back roads and paths.
- Horseback Riding
To read more detailed articles and reviews of great Kauai vacation attractions and activities, check out the category Kauai See & Do
Also, see this collection of 7-day Hawaii vacation itineraries.
Go back to the main page of the Kauai Vacation Guide.