This page of July 4th events is fully updated for 2019!
There’s a fantastic slate of Independence Day celebrations all over Hawaii, the Big Island. You’ll find many fun ways ways to enjoy the day with parades, family-friendly activities and fireworks to light up the night sky.
Here’s what’s happening around the Big Island on Thursday, July 4, 2019:
Kona July 4th Parade & Fireworks over Kailua Bay
The 24th annual Kailua-Kona Fourth of July Parade is set to begin at 6pm. We recommend finding a nice spot to watch the parade along Ali’i Drive. Fireworks over Kona’s Kailua Bay is planned for 8pm start. For more information and donations, see this link.
Waikoloa Beach Resort July 4th Fireworks & Events
The two shopping centers at Waikoloa Beach Resort are hosting several family-friendly celebrations.
- Festivities at Kings’ Shops begins at 10am and carry on through 6pm. The 28th Annual Waikoloa Rubber Duckie Race, a fundraiser for the United Cerebral Palsy Association of Hawaii, starts at 3pm. See this link for the full schedule of free events and more information.
- Queens’ MarketPlace hosts live entertainment, face painting, cotton candy and popcorn at the Coronation Pavillon starting at 2pm. See this link for more information about these free events.
The Waikoloa fireworks extravaganza at the Waikoloa Bowl is set for 8pm. This event is free and open to the public. See this link for more information.
57th Annual Fourth of July Rodeo and Horse Races at Parker Ranch
The annual rodeo and horse races are set at the Parker Ranch Rodeo Arena in Waimea. This rodeo celebrates the paniolo (Hawaiian cowboy) and their skills. Kids activities will include a petting zoo and pony rides. Doors open at 7am with the rodeo action starting at 9am. Tickets are $8 if purchased in advance and $10 at the gate. See this link for more information.
Hilo Bay Blast 2019 Fireworks & Celebrations
Hilo Bayfront will be blocked off for a full day of events! Here’s what’s going on:
- The day begins at 7am with a “Salute to Our Veterans” 5K Run/Walk.
- “Hot Rides Expo” will feature vintage cars at the mauka soccer field from 10am to 3pm. Live music will be playing from the expo stage. Children’s activities will be available at the soccer field — including water slides, bouncers. Food vendors will be available.
- The Hawaii County Band will perform their Fourth of July Concert at the Bandstand at 7pm.
- The big fireworks show over the bay is set for 8pm. Tune into KWXX to listen to music synchronized to the show.
- More events may be added. Check back for updates.
- Due to major renovations at Mauna Lani Auberge, there will not be a Turtle Independence Day Celebration for 2019.
- All events are accurately reported at the time of publishing. Please note that events are subject to change without notice.
- Some events are very dependent upon fundraisers and local financial support. As such, they may be cancelled with little notice if they don’t raise enough funds. When/if we know of these situations, we will note them.
- If you are a journalist or blogger using this post for researching an article you are writing, kindly do what’s proper and provide a link back to Go Visit Hawaii. This work is a result of many hours of my very own research, long distance phone calls, emails, contacts, etc.
Happy July 4th!