This page currently shows the events from 2016/2017. In December, when most venues announce their events, we will full update this page for all the top New Year’s Eve events in Waikiki, Honolulu and around Oahu.
Will you be ringing in the new year on Oahu? If so, you’ll find many festive ways to bid farewell to 2016 and welcome in 2017 with aloha. Here’s what’s happening this New Year’s Eve (December 31, 2016) on the island of Oahu.
New Year’s Eve Fireworks
* Waikiki Beach will host a spectacular fireworks show from a barge just off Waikiki Beach. The show starts at 11:55pm with one announcement firework every minute before midnight. Then at midnight, the big fireworks show begins. If you have a radio nearby, tune in to Hawaiian 105 KINE FM to enjoy music timed with the fireworks. For more information, see this link. This fireworks show is free and open to the public. You can watch the display from the beach. See this image for the location of the barge.
* The New Years Eve Party of the Year will be held at the Aloha Tower Marketplace this year. This event includes entertainment across multiple stages, food trucks and fireworks. Ticket prices start at $45.
* The Kahala Hotel & Resort in the Kahala area of Honolulu is hosting a Kahala Countdown New Year’s Eve party that includes a buffet, music, dancing and midnight fireworks. Pricing starts at $123 for adult guests of the hotel. Pricing for non-guests is $184.50. See this link for more information.
* Ko Olina fireworks are to be determined. If you are staying in Ko Olina, check with your concierge.
New Year’s Eve Parties, Clubs & Cruises in and around Waikiki
In addition to the parties mentioned in the above firework’s section, there are quite a few more venues hosting events for this special evening. f you want to dress to impress and dance in the new year, most of the following venues will offer that sort of festive evening. Note that many of the following nightclubs and parties will have views of the Waikiki fireworks, which try to note with each description.
* Tiki Drop 2017 New Year’s Eve Masquerade Ball at Tiki’s Grill and Bar at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel includes live bands, DJs, champagne toast and view of the fireworks show from Waikiki Beach. See this link for more information and to purchase tickets. Pre-sale tickets start at $5. Note that entrance into the party is free if you have their four-course New Year’s Eve dinner. See that menu at this link.
* New Year’s Eve Party at RumFire, an oceanfront poolside night club at the Sheraton Waikiki, will feature multiple DJs for their Interstellar at Sheraton Waikiki – New Year’s Eve 2017. Guests must be age 21 or older. Guests will be able to see the Waikiki fireworks from RumFire. Tickets start at $85, which is the pre-sale price through December 20. Then ticket pricing increases to $100. See this link for more information.
* New Year’s Eve LUX at the Trump Hotel Waikiki Casino Royale is a black tie (optional) and gown or party dress event for guests age 21 years and older. Tickets include two drinks, two pupu plates, $10,000 in Casino Royale LUX BUX. DJs will be providing music by the Infinity Pool Deck. Guests will be able to see the Waikiki fireworks. Tickets start at $99 (early bird pricing) plus fees. See this link for more information.
* The Royal Hawaiian hosts their annual New Year’s Eve Pink Party at the Monarch Terrace, Ocean Lawn and Mai Tai Bar with views of the Waikiki fireworks show. All tickets include food stations, live DJ and music and party favors. For more information see this link.
* The Star of Honolulu is offering special dinner cruises that include fireworks views with pricing starting at $193 per person.
* The Dolphin Star is offering special cocktail cruises that include fireworks views with pricing starting at $89 per person. See this link for more information.
* SKY Waikki hosts a New Year’s Eve Masquerade Ball. This event includes hor d’oeurves, open bar and a complimentary champagne toast at midnight. Ticket packages start at $130 plus booking fee. See this link for more information. **
Special New Year’s Eve dining in Waikiki – Prix-Fixe/Set Menu Dinners
* Tiki’s at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is offering a four-course dinner for $75 per person. You can view the special menu at this link. This restaurant has ocean views. Also, note the Tiki Drop 2017 New Year’s Eve Masquerade Ball that’s mentioned in the above parties section.
* House Without A Key at the Halekulani hosts a special New Year’s Eve dinner that includes an appetizer and dessert buffet with a choice of main course to be selected and served at your table. The cost is $85 adults / $40 child. A Hawaiian entertainer and hula show will be offered from 5:30pm to 8:30pm. This restaurant is oceanfront.
* The Beachhouse at the Moana Surfrider will offer prix-fixe, five-course dinners at two different seating times. The earlier seating (5:30 – 6:45pm) is priced at $100 for adults and $45 for children. Guests for this earlier seating have the option to purchase discounted tickets to the New Year’s Eve “Courtyard Celebration.” The second seating (7:45 – 10:30pm) is priced at $185 for adults and $75 for children and includes entrance to the “Courtyard Celebration.” See this link for more information. This restaurant has an ocean view.
* Hau Tree Lanai at the The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel: Four courses for $130 per person. See this special New Year’s Eve menu here. This oceanfront restaurant is located on the “Diamond Head side” of Waikiki.
* Azure Restaurant at the The Royal Hawaiian will offer two seating options. The earlier seating (5:30pm to 7pm) presents a four-course dinner for $250. A five-course dinner for $275 will be offered at the second seating from 8pm to 9:15 pm. See this link for the menu. This restaurant has an ocean view.
* Orchids at the Halekulani offers a special New Year’s Eve Dinner for $280 adults/ $100 child. This restaurant is oceanfront.
* Also see the Pride of Honolulu and Dolphin Star dinner and cocktail cruise options listed in the above section.
Waikiki New Year’s Eve Dinner Buffets
Other Waikiki Restaurants Open for New Year’s Eve
The following notable restaurants are open and have seating available on New Year’s Eve at the time of publishing. They may offer a special menu for the evening, however that information was not available at the time of publishing.
- D. K. Steak House at the Marriott Waikiki Beach Resort.
- Sansei Seafood Restaurant and Sushi Bar Waikiki at the Marriott Waikiki Beach Resort.
- Ruth Chris Steak House at the Waikiki Beach Walk – this restaurant usually provides special holiday menus in addition to their standard menu.
- Ocean House Restaurant is oceanfront at the Outrigger Reef.
- Chart House has waterfront, harbor views.
- BLT Steak at the Trump Hotel Waikiki
- Check for more Waikiki restaurant availability at OpenTable.com
As you’re making your Waikiki, Honolulu and Oahu New Year’s Eve plans and reviewing this list of great things to do, please note the following:
- We recommend you make reservations, order tickets, etc. as soon as possible to secure the place and time you like.
- Unless otherwise stated, you can assume that taxes and gratuities are not included in the listed prices. Verify those details when you make your booking.
- In most cases, children age five years and under dine free, but verify that when making reservations.
- All pricing, schedules and plans were accurate at the time of publishing and are subject to change.
- Several Waikiki Beach hotel-based restaurants will be open on New Year’s Eve. Check directly with the concierge of your accommodations for their special meals and events.
- As New Year’s Eve approaches, I’ll be adding more events, so do check back. We will indicate additions by noting the date added.
- If you are visiting Waikiki at Christmastime, see our Waikiki Christmas Guide.
- Learn how to say Happy New Year in Hawaii: Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!