Hawaii’s Big Island offers wonderful celebrations to greet the new year. Here are our top picks of New Year’s Eve 2016/2017 for where to have a special New Year’s Eve dinner and/or catch a midnight fireworks show.
– Mauna Lani Bay Hotel and Bungalows‘ signature restaurant CanoeHouse restaurant will host a a New Year’s Eve buffet dinner followed by an oceanside party and fireworks at midnight. For more information and reservations call 808-881-7911.
– Hapuna Beach Prince Resort’s sister hotel, the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel is hosting special dining and a New Year’s Eve fireworks show. It’s the same fireworks show, but a different vantage point. See this link for more information.
– The hotels in Waikoloa Beach Resort are offering several special New Year’s Eve dinners and a luau. See this link for more information.
– The Sheraton Kona Resort in Keauhou is featuring New Year’s Eve Dinner Luau Buffet, Hawaiian music, dessert buffet, DJ, dancing and a midnight toast. See this link for more information and this link to purchase tickets.
- Additional Big Island resorts and restaurants will be offering special dining and New Year’s Eve events. If we have not mentioned your resort, check directly with them. This list is not intended to be comprehensive. it’s a list of place where we’d personally like to spend New Year’s Eve on Hawaii’s Big Island.
- Unless otherwise noted, children under the age of 5 typically dine for free. Verify that before booking.
- Unless otherwise noted assume that taxes and gratuity are not included in the pricing.
- For more New Year’s Eve dining options on the Big Island, check OpenTable.com.
We wish you a Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!