When I first heard the restaurant name Haliimaile General Store, images of burgers and greasy spoon victuals popped to mind. Well, Haliimaile General Store serves much more refined food than that. Instead of simple dishes, we found fresh and inventive dishes like Sashimi Napoleon, Asian Duck Tostada, Kalua Pork Enchilada Pie, and Crispy Calamari Salad. Our taste buds were tickled and delighted. Everything we ordered was beautifully presented and delicious. I definitely recommend giving it a try. (See more of my Maui restaurant recommendations.)
Here’s the skinny on Haliimaile General Store:
- Menu selections range in price from $8 to $24. Most items were in the $15 to $17 range.
- Beverly Gannon is the chef and owner of Haliimaile General Store. She’s an award winning chef.
- Open for lunch from 11am to 2:30pm Monday through Friday
- Open for dinner from 5:30pm to 9:30pm nightly.
- Located at 900 Haliimaile Road in Haliimaile, Maui. (See this Google Map.) This restaurant is not located near the West and South Maui Resorts – approximately a 30 to 45 minute drive away. It’s only about 10 minutes away from the airport, so to minimize driving, we ate there for lunch the day we flew out of Maui.
Here’s a slideshow from our visit to Haliimaile General Store:
Have you dined at Haliimaile General Store? How was your experience?