What does a person do when they return back to the mainland from Hawaii? Well, after they’ve unpacked the next natural step is to look for deals that will help them get back to Hawaii. Tis true! Hawaii is highly addictive, you know. Let’s take a look at the latest Hawaii travel deals and news.
- Most of the major airlines are offering some great round trip airfares to Hawaii. For example, the LA Times reports fares as low as $243 round trip including taxes! I’m finding fares from the East Coast as low as $447 round trip. The great thing about these deals is that the offers are valid for travel through March 11, 2009. Use a fare search engine tool like Kayak or FareCompare to find the best rates and travel dates from your city.
- If you are interested in combining hotel and airfare, Orbitz has a Hawaii sale. Use promotion code 5HAWAII250 to save $250. For details, see this link.
- For several weeks, Kayak and American Airlines were in a tiff and had parted ways. I’m happy to report that the two have kissed and made up so you’ll now find American Airlines flights back in Kayak and Sidestep search results. Yay!
- The Canadian airline, WestJet will increase winter fights from Vancouver to Honolulu, Kona, and Maui beginning November 1st. (Source)
- If Shakespeare could set one of his plays on Hawaii, which islands do you think he’d visit? The likely answer is the islands of Lanai and Hawaii. Well, at least that’s where the “The Tempest” is being filmed this November. (Source)
- The Royal Hawaiian (that historic pink Waikiki hotel) is set to reopen early next year. As I reported in June, the resort closed for a $110 million renovation. Take a look at the special reopening offers that include $19.27 rate in honor of their original opening year of 1927.