From the Oahu restaurant guide article, I promised a list of top Oahu restaurants from a local resident’s perspective. I’m so excited and pleased to present the list of Dave and Alice favorite Oahu restaurants. I think you’ll enjoy this eclectic list that will suit any budget and taste you desire. So, let’s dive into Dave and Alice’s Oahu restaurant picks neatly organized in useful categories.
- Chai’s Island Bistro at Aloha Tower
- Roy’s Restaurant
- Alan Wong’s Restaurant
- Sam Choy’s Breakfast Lunch and Crab
- Hau Tree Lanai at The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel Waikiki: Small place, great food, good prices, right on the beach.
- La Mer at the Halekulani Hotel: French Fine Dining
- Orchids at the Halekulani Hotel: Variety – Fine Dining
- The Hanohano Room at the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel (The photo above shows the view.)
- Sarentos at the top of the Ilikai Hotel Waikiki
- Aaron’s Atop the Ala Moana Hotel
- Oceanarium Restaurant at the Pacific Beach Hotel (Huge aquarium)
- Breakfast Buffet at the the Plantation Cafe at the Alamoana Hotel
- The Star of Honolulu: The sunset view of Oahu from the ship is very romantic.
Other Fine Dining:
- John Dominis at Kewalo Basin: American Fine Dining with great view of Honolulu shoreline
- L & L Drive Inn at several locations – cheap local food
- Teddy’s Bigger Burgers across from the Zoo in Waikiki: Best Burger Joint Ever
- Eggs ‘n Things: Breakfast
- Curry House CoCo Ichibanya at many locations: Japanese fast food smothered with curry.
- Nobu Waikiki at the Waikiki Parc Hotel
To Dave and Alice – you guys rock! A big mahalo to you for creating this list.