I’ve got lots of news to share today, so let’s dive in!
- Sheraton-Waikiki has a new virtual surfing experience, called Discover Surf. You can see the KGMB segment on it with videos here. They say that it’s excellent for people who, “for health or age reasons, may never make out into the real surf.” How about for those of us with scaredy cat reasons?
- TripAdvisor announced their top 10 US beaches based on TripAdvisor’s popularity index and their editors. As no surprise to us Hawaii lovers, some Hawaii beaches made the list. Kailau Beach Park (Oahu) was #3, followed by Tunnels Beach (Kauai) at #6, and Waimea Bay Beach Park (Oahu) completes the list at #10. (Note: I’ve hyper linked to the Google map for each beach).
- Hilton is offering extra Hilton HHonors bonus points, double miles and spa-style bathrobe for Hawaii vacations. See more details about it here. (Credit for the find to Smarter Travel.)
- It’s nigh on impossible to go to Hawaii without taking a sunset photo. Before you go to Hawaii, check out these tips for sunset photos from Budget Travel.
- Please pardon this semi-unrelated Hawaii news item, but I’d like to give a shout out to my wonderful husband and Go Visit Hawaii contributor, Andy. His first book, Radically Transparent, was just released and he just launched a new tool for managing what’s being said about you online, Trackur. Way to go, Sweetheart! I’m so proud of you! Now after all that hard work, let’s go take a vacation to Hawaii.