If you have ever been to Waikiki Beach, you probably know that finding a free or inexpensive parking space can be challenge. We’ve created this list of resources to help you find the best parking deals in Waikiki.
Cheap and Free Waikiki Parking for Short-Term Visits – Less than 10 hours
If you are driving into Waikiki for the day or evening, you can find some very reasonable parking locations. See these resources for low-cost and/or no-cost parking options.
* The Shell parking lot on Monsarrat Avenue offers free parking. This parking area is located on the Diamond Head side of Waikiki, near Honolulu Zoo and Kapiolani Park.
* Get three hours of free parking between the hours of 10am and 3pm at the Waikiki Beach Embassy Suites port cochere. You will need to provide a same-day receipt from any Waikiki-Beachwalk restaurant or shop. Follow this link for the coupon and instructions.
* Royal Hawaiian Center is offering one hour of free parking with validation. After the free hour, you’ll be charged a modest rate of $1 per hour for another 3 hours. After that, you will pay a rate of $6 per hour. See this link for more information.
* Metered parking is available at the Honolulu Zoo parking lot entrance at Kapahulu Avenue. The rare is $1 per hour. You can pay for parking remotely by phone. For more information on paying by phone, see this link.
* See this list of Waikiki parking garages and locations with their associated fees.
Cheap Waikiki Parking for Long-Term Visits – More than 10 hours
If you’re staying in a hotel in Waikiki Beach, you can expect to pay around an approximate average of $25 per day for self-park.Valet parking rates can be even more. Be sure and check your hotels parking rate before you shop around for something cheaper. If your hotel charges $20 or less per night, you’ve found a pretty good parking deal.
Over the years, options for free overnight parking have virtually vanished. Many of the spaces that were previously free and now metered. All that being said, with the following resources, it is possible to find more reasonable parking rates.
* The best 24-hour rate that I’ve found is at the Waikiki Banyan Building on Ohua Avenue. Parking at Waikiki Banyan Building is only $15 for 24 hours with unlimited in and out privileges. You can also get a weekly rate of $80, which works out to $11.43 per day — a bargain! Find more information about this low-cost Waikiki parking location at this link.
* This Waikiki Beach information site provides a useful list of parking garages with their rates.
* Pro-Park is currently listing the Pacific Monarch parking garage for $20 for 24 hours. You can see their daily Waikiki parking list here.
* If you are staying for a week or longer, you might want to consider a monthly parking option. For example, via ProPark, there’s one monthly Waikiki parking deal of $120 plus tax. For a seven-night stay, that would work out to around $18 per night. I recommend you directly phone the parking providers to verify the parking rules and conditions before agreeing to a monthly parking deal. For example, you’ll want to find out if you can park overnight and what sort of in and out privileges you’d have. You can check ProPark’s monthly parking listing here.
Waikiki Beach Parking Tips
* If you park in a parking garage, take photos of your parking space number or any other “landmarks” with your cell phone to help you find your car when you return. Trust me, it’s easy to forget where you parked.
* Never leave any valuables in your car.
* If you know which parking garage you’d like to use from the lists above, it’s very helpful to check the street view on Google Maps to get familiar with the location.
* If possible, bring cash for parking as some garages require cash only.
Please note that parking rates and policies are always subject to change without notice. I do update this list as and when I discover changes. I highly recommend you phone ahead directly to the parking providers to check their current rates and policies.
Looking for more bargains for what to do on your Oahu vacation? Don’t miss my top 10 best Oahu budget activities.